Saturday, September 17, 2011

Assignment 1: All about me!!!

Hey!


My name is Rob Salkowski. I'm a senior and I am super excited about that! I am really happy that I finally finishing up my college career. I'm a little crazy at times and sometimes I don't really keep my mouth shut. I obviously love to talk as long as I have the energy to do so. I am a Family & Child Studies major with a concentration in Family Services; also a minor in GLBTQ Studies. Since I am graduating I would like to work in setting where I am able to help adolescents understand their health and how it impacts them in the future. As for marriage, once it's legal in NJ then maybe! ;)


My family is comprised of my sister, mom, and grandmother (in my household). They are all I really need in life. I love them so much and without them I would not know what to do in life. My mom is separated from my father as of 2009 and it's something that I feel is for the best. My sister and I don't really have the best relationship with my father, so he really doesn't play much of an important factor in our lives. One of my favorite family traditions happens every August when we make our homemade tomato sauce. This is a tradition that started in Italy and was continued when my family moved to the United States. 


One of the topics that I am interested in learning about is regarding LGBT families. I feel that this topic is just brushed over in other FCST classes. I want to learn more about these specific families because I am a GLTBQ Studies minor and I believe these families are not credited as actual families in society.


Personally, Wiki's seem like a much better idea than other tools such as blackboard. However, because the majority of us at the university do not use them, it becomes hard to be accustomed to this tool. The most appealing part to that video was knowing that wiki's take away the clutter of email. Email is such a hassle especially when dealing with multiple partners in communication. I would love to start using wikis more, but I think we need have more people want to use them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment